Roll-On vs Spray Deodorant
Learn about roll-on and spray deodorants and antiperspirants to help you choose which type is the best for you!
When choosing an awesome deodorant, you have a lot of options available. For example, you can decide between a deodorant that helps reduce odor or an antiperspirant that helps prevent sweat. For the best of both worlds, you can also pick a product formulated with both deodorant antiperspirant, so it helps prevent sweat and order.
Once you narrow down what kind of product you’re looking for, it’s time to decide whether to go with a roll-on or spray. To help you discover the best product for your needs, we’ve put together a helpful guide to roll on vs spray deodorant.
The Advantages of Roll-On Deodorant
Roll-ons feature a rolling ball moistened with liquid or gel. As you move the product around your underarms, it applies a thin layer of antiperspirant deodorant to your skin. Here are a few of the things that people love about roll-ons:
There are a lot of options for scents with roll-ons. It’s easy to find unscented deodorant if you don’t want it to overpower your perfume as well as gentle deodorant for sensitive skin.
- Compact: Roll-ons can fit a lot of product in a very small package. They’re the ideal deodorant for adventurers, athletes, business travelers and other people who always live life on the go. You can toss your favorite roll-on in your gym bag, slide it into your purse or pack it in your luggage easily.
- No White Marks: Many formulas offer clear formulas that are specifically designed not to leave white marks on your clothes. These products are ideal for that little black dress or any other outfits that easily show white marks.
- Dependable: The best roll-ons always have your back—or your underarms in this case. Look for formulas designed for 24-hour protection. In other words, you won’t have to worry about sweat stains or odor as you go about your day. Also, the compact size of roll-ons make them ideal for keeping a spare at work or in your locker. If you accidentally forgot to put on deodorant at home, you’re still good to go.
- Effective: Roll-ons deliver a controllable amount of product. Most of the time, they also deliver a larger amount of active ingredient to your underarms than spray deodorants. As long as you choose the right antiperspirant deodorant, you can be sure that you’re protected all day long.
- Direct: There’s no guesswork when it comes to applying roll-on deodorant. You never have to worry about missing a spot or going too thin. The rolling-ball applies deodorant exactly where you want it, every time.
- Refreshing: Many liquid and gel roll-ons use ingredients that provide skin benefits, such as stearyl ether, sandalwood extract, barley extract, and water. These ingredients have a moisturizing effect on the skin. If you’ve ever noticed that great roll-ons leave your skin especially smooth and soft, this is why.
- Private: There’s no fuss involved in putting on a roll-on deodorant. You can slip it on quickly and silently in any situation and no one is the wiser. Want to freshen up right before a first date? You’re ready to go. There’s no mist to worry about and no sneezing.
Everything You Need To Know About Spray Deodorants
Spray deodorants and antiperspirants come in a compressed metal can and spray a fine mist. Product formulations usually contain a mixture of active ingredients, propellants, and perfumes.
Since spray deodorants and antiperspirants spray the product into the air, it can be irritating for people with asthma or allergies. If you’re sensitive to particles in the air, spray the product in a well-ventilated room or cover your mouth and nose during application.
- Fast: Spray deodorants use a fine mist, so they tend to dry quickly on your skin. Dry sprays accentuate this feature by avoiding any water or other moist ingredients in the formulation. Getting to work 30 seconds earlier probably doesn’t make a huge difference, but some people like to minimize the time spent getting dressed as much as possible.
- Flexible: Some people like to apply deodorant or antiperspirant to other parts of the body other than the underarms. For example, if you want to spray the back of your neck, the back of your hands or intimate areas, then deodorant body sprays may help.
- Flamboyant: Wearing a deodorant spray can be kind of like putting on perfume. Yes, people notice it. Yes, the mist fills up the entire space around you. Yes, the scent can be kind of overpowering. For some people, this is part of the fun.
Roll On Vs Spray Deodorant: The Best Choice for You
How can you choose between roll-on vs spray deodorant? A big part of it comes down to your personal preferences. Always select something that makes you feel confident and comfortable. On the practical side, your deodorant or antiperspirant should also provide reliable all-day odor protection, so you’re ready for anything.
Products Mentioned in This Article